Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy 19th Birthday to Abigail!

This day 19 years ago at 12:31 pm I became a mother.  Abigail was born after almost a week of contractions, which caused me to be sent home from the hospital twice before they finally kept me.  I thought I knew what labor was until it really began! 
Abigail is~
beautiful inside and out
thoughtful
able to create beauty out of anything
tender-hearted
a beautiful ballerina
my confidant
encouraging
loving
intelligent
a lover of books
and
a godly young woman
Abigail,
I am so thankful that God made you my first child.  You taught me how to be a mother.  Thank you for being an understanding guinea pig for all my experiments in mothering!  I am so thankful God made you my daughter and my friend.  I love you dearly!
Love,
Mama
 

6 comments:

  1. You are so sweet to me. Thank you for a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 19, wow!!! i think when i first started reading your blog she was just 15 - the same age as my kate now.. who actually turns 16 on thursday!!! crazy to have these young WOMEN as our daughters, eh? :) such a neat thing the friendship that forms.. it's been one of the happiest surprises of all in parenting - the friendship part! i love it!! your abigail is such a beautiful, poised looking lady. you can tell just by looking at her she's a genuine sweetheart. happy happy birthday to her!! and blessings as she heads into this new year of liFe and all that God has in store for her~

    ReplyDelete
  3. .. and gorgeous hair too. had to say that! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! And you're right- I started my blog four years ago this month!

      Delete
    2. fun watching our kids grow up across the computer screen. makes me wonder what we'll see in the next 4yrs... maybe some weddings??!!?? ;)))

      Delete
  4. She is so beautiful! Happy, Happy (belated!) Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete